Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kidnapping Caucassian Style, or Shurik's New Adventures


I'm not really sure what to say about Kidnapping Caucassian Style, or Shurik's New Adventures. I thought that it was funny at times, and certainly compares to the kind of slapstick comedies that have been made in the U.S.

One thing I found interesting was the names of the three thugs, Booby, Coward, and Experienced. I thought their names fit them well, since one was an idiot, one was afraid of getting caught, and the other seemed to boss the rest of them around, like kidnapping was nothing new to him.

I also noticed that Comrade Saakhov, a government official, was the trouble maker in this movie. He abuses his power by having Nina kidnapped so he can marry her. I'm kind of surprised this movie was allowed to be shown, because Gaidai is obviously portraying the government in a bad light.

No comments: